Thursday, October 20, 2005

Mmm, Mmm, good...for illness only...

I am sick. I will prove it to you: I had Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. Now, I don't know about other people, but I grew up with that soup being the stuff you get when you're sick. I actually can't stand the thought of eating Chicken Noodle Soup if I'm not sick. Huge aversion to it when I'm up and healthy. It's a total conditioned reaction, I know. But when I'm sick, there's something so soothing about the warmth and taste of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup that just doesn't exist when I'm healthy.

I'm not very good at being sick. I get really bored really quickly. I mean, sure, we all like the thought of being able to sit around all day and do essentially nothing, but being sick forces this "luxury" on you...it's no longer a choice you can make. And that's what I don't like...because now, all I would like to choose to do is get up and walk outside in the crisp and cold fall weather. Instead I'm cooped up with my sick self. (And wallowing in a vat of self-pity, it seems, as well.)

Haha...I was just reading over what I wrote above...I like how I felt I had to prove to you that I'm sick...and what's more, I like how the way I proved this to you was by saying that I'd eaten Chicken Noodle Soup. Of course, the whole idea was to tell the story of why that is proof of my being sick, but still, it all seems just a little absurd to me. :)

Well, my temperature is now still over 2 degrees above my norm (I'm usually 97.1, and I'm at 99.6 right now), and it's getting on toward 10:00 pm. I should end this and go to bed. Here's hopin' that I won't crave Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup when I wake up tomorrow. That's the sure indicator that I'm healthy once again!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Demand Tonic Sol-fa with Eventful! Discover and Create Events at Eventful Learn More about Eventful Demand