Saturday, December 17, 2005

The amazing power of floss

With a title like that, who needs an opening, right? Haha. I was on my way home from work today [no, I know what you're thinking...I didn't walk home...I took the T and walked from there] ...on my way home from work, and I had the usual array of random thoughts running through my brain as I picked my way over the icy sidewalks. But the prominent thought pressing in my mind, making me walk faster to get home: I really want to get home so I can floss.

Okay, so this is probably not something you'd normally think about on your way home. And hey, I understand. It is indeed a rather peculiar thing to cause a person to want to get home faster. See, flossing - for me - is a way to release tension. I hold tension in my shoulders mainly, and after a long day at work (in this case, a long week at work, I look for any way to release that tension. [Don't we all?] I have found, recently, that simply flossing gives me that tension release. Every time I floss (even when I'm not particularly stressed out), I get that dull ache in my shoulders associated with tension release. Every time. And so, after a long day at work, my most pressing need when I return home is to floss my teeth.

Right, you say, chuckling under your breath and trying to hide it from me. This girl relieves tension by flossing? And now you've heard everything, right? Well, don't judge until you've actually tried it. I would love to be able to tell you why flossing my teeth relieves the tension I hold in my shoulders. If it made sense, I suppose it probably wouldn't be as interesting thing to post about beyond the initial shock factor I pulled from all of you.

And with that completely random thought of the evening, I bid you farewell.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Demand Tonic Sol-fa with Eventful! Discover and Create Events at Eventful Learn More about Eventful Demand