Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A retro-slanger

I am a retro-slanger. This is my new term, used to describe my style of using slang in my everyday speech. It basically means that I use words resurrected from earlier decades, or else I tend to pick up terms and phrases at the tail end of their tenure as "the" slang word of present day speech.

Examples:
Good times...
Rad.
Groovy.
Hot.
[ala Paris Hilton apparently, though that's not where I picked it up, but now I'm in the process of fading that term out of my vocabulary because of how many people seem to be against me saying that...who knew it was such a big deal?]


I guess I don't really have any real point for this post, other than to share the new word I coined to describe myself. Haha!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Demand Tonic Sol-fa with Eventful! Discover and Create Events at Eventful Learn More about Eventful Demand